"This might be the one time I am speechless". (Said Robin Williams as he accepted the Oscar for supporting actor in Good Will Hunting). Surely, you didn't assume that was me. I have plenty to say and will *kindly* take on an interrupting Kanye and blog about it. Bring it 'Ye!
But wait, my fireplace mantle doesn't display a 24 carat gold dipped Liebster. And who is Liebster anyway? If you are like me, you haven't heard of this award before and likely are secretly hoping that its connected to Justin Bieber - Am I a bie-liebster?. (Ok, confession - when my "adult" friend said she was into him I was confused. Then I watched a few recent videos...what in the what?! And when did that happen!) Sorry, totally lost focus there.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers. ("You like me! You really like me!" And check that off the bucket list) Yes my mantle is still empty because there isn't anything to hold in your hand - rather it's a way to connect and show support for your favs in the blogging world. Your readers (Thank you ALL, and you too Justin Bieber - holy crap!) get the chance to see what you read and support and bonus...you answer a bunch of questions so your readers get to know you better. (Sorry about that part)
I was excited to receive my nomination from a fellow mom blogger. You can check out her awesome sauce here: justplayinghouse She posts about reality with humor and a ton of love, through every day times and the most challenging times straight from the heart.
So here come the questions I was given to answer:
1. Describe yourself in one word. BUSY!
2. If you could change anything in your past, what would it be? So this is a tough one. And #2 at that! I know the answer and plan to write about it someday. It relates to my wedding day - marrying my best friend and losing my best girlfriends (for a few years) in the same hour.
3. What has been the biggest accomplishment in your life to date? I would say finishing these questions but I am not there yet. These questions are hard! Other then this, I would say completing an MBA in 15 months while working full time.
4. If you won a million dollars today, what would you immediately spend it on? If more time could be purchased, I would buy that. Let's be specific, more "free" time. Oh and KRAFT DINNERS. Is it even possible to hear the words "a million dollars" and not think of Barenaked Ladies? I am interrupting this award ceremony to share the video (you know you need some): MillionDollars
5. Where was your best vacation? Why? Traveling to Paris over a very short weekend - but you absolutely cannot beat touring Paris in the springtime. It's amazing. And the cheese plates are ridiculously good. And the bread. And the wine. (the shower at the hotel - not so much - yabba)
6. What is your most prized possession? This breakfast pizza that I am eating right now is pretty special - and my skills with the toaster oven have created a work of art yet again. Besides this, my son of course. (who I am praying doesn't ask me for a bite of my breakfast)
7. Who inspires you? Why? People inspire me. Yes, people in general. I like to people watch. I also like to write about it. I like finding the humor in general situations. If you are waiting for something extraordinary to happen all the time, well let's face it - you will be disappointed often. So instead, I blog about the little everyday things that I find funny and sometimes people laugh along with me (bonus!). Here are a few examples: NightmareOnMyStreet / HappyHourOnTheRoad / TodayWasAGoodDay / ThePromise
8. What was your fondest childhood memory? I would say spending time at the shore with my cousins. Sun, sand and bad bathing suits.
9. A memory you would like to erase? See #2 - well, just parts of it of course.
10. What do you think of social media? I am more of an "off grid" type of girl. (with the exception of my blog, my friends blogs, facebook, youtube, periscope, instagram, pinterest, waze and snapchat...... does yahoo weather count? Don't answer that.....)
11. Favorite food in the whole world. PIZZA.
Rules for the Liebster Award Nominees
Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
And my nominees are:
- Jamie Michele - A new blogger and a newlywed Police Officer taking on the added "pending chaos" of her first baby. Well written and real: Check her out @ lebebeblog
- Dawn Price Markievich - A working mom on a journey of blending two families. Winning most days and learning everyday: Check her out @ JavaTalk
- Dawn Clancy - A raw, well written blog about growing up in less than favorable conditions, and turning those lessons into inspiration, hope and guidance to live a positive life in the aftermath: Check her out @ GrowingUpChaotic
- Parent from the Heart: Extensive blog from a Canadian mom with great tips and articles influenced by professional research, traditions and instincts. Met her through The Good Enuf Mommy! Check her out @ Parentfromtheheart
- Mama By Fire: An ex-bartender (fun!) and now stay at home offering a variety of inspiration (crafts!!) for everyday. Met her during the Take Time Challenge: Check her out @ MamabyFire
- The Good Enuf Mommy: She describes her blog perfectly: A little piece of cyber space feeling confident in your own parenting decision and with a sense that you are not alone (brilliant!) She helped me earlier this year with "take time in January" - and I appreciate it! Check her out @ GoodEnufMommy
And here are my questions:
#1) Share how much you love my blog: "Licensed to Muse" JUST KIDDING. Let's start again
- Describe yourself in your past present and future using 1 word for each
- Where do you go to wind down and relax?
- Are you where you thought you would be at this point in your life?
- What is your most valuable skill?
- What song do you consider your life anthem?
- What are questions that you don't like to answer?
- What was the moment in time that you thought: Yep, I am now an adult?
- What is your go-to joke to break the ice?
- What did you do before the internet/social media?
- What is the happiest that you have ever been?
Congratulations and I am excited to read your answers! Please tag me so I don't miss your response. I may even write about it :-) If you already completed a Liebester (in other words ARE a Bie-Liebester, yes I brought that back) then just glad to promote you here. Happy blogging!